There is no formal Long Tour of Bradwell Relay in 2022.
Instead, we are hosting a round of the FRA championships with the Bradwell Short race on August 13th.
For more information visit the Short page
We are sorry there is no event this year
First run in 2019, the Tour of Bradwell Relay is a 6 person team event based on the original Long Tour of Bradwell race route, a 57km and 6350ft rollercoaster around some of the most iconic scenery the Peak District has to offer.
This four leg relay race is open to teams of fell runners, harriers, members of athletics clubs and groups of friends who like running together and are prepared for the challenges the route offers.
Starting and finishing at the sports pavilion in Bradwell, with changeovers in the neighbouring villages of Hope and Hathersage, the event will have wide appeal – the long legs are totally runnable and will certainly be challenging, but both shorter legs have great and very different climbs, and leg 2 has one of the best fast running descents in the Peak.
For 2020 we are considering 2 different ways of running the relay
- Copy 2019 and run the relays in sequence Legs 1,2,3,4, with a mass start when the first runner comes in. Leg 2 runners can double up and run Leg 4 ( Winner 4hr 40mins- Last team 9 hours in total)
- Make the event more compact and my starting in Hathersage, splitting the event into 2 – running Leg 2 then Leg 1 anticlockwise and Leg 3 then Leg 4 Clockwise. Both finishing in Bradwell at a similar time. Leg 2 runners are still able to double up and run Leg 4 but timings will be tighter (Winners 2hrs 40- Last Team 5hrs running time)
What do you think works best? Both options will work fine. Both allow teams to run and share cars. One is more traditional but takes longer. One is more unusal but will potentially create more excitement for the runners in s shorter time.
- Distance: 57km / 36m
- Climb: 1934m / 6350ft
- Venue: Bradwell Sports Club Pavilion, s33 9ST
- Grid ref: SK175818
- Skills & experience: ER, PM, LK, NS
- Minimum age: 18
- Entry on day?
- Entry on day fee: Not specified
- Pre-entry fee: £72.00
- Entry info: Entry on Day available if event not full. Entry cost varies. Check website for details
Contact for Race Information
- Greg Rimmer, 2 Moorbrook Lane, Bradwell, Hope Valley, S33 9JJ
- 07793 634495
- Teams of 6.
- 4 legs – 2 long pairs, 1 medium solo and 1 short solo.
- Team Categories: M, F, Mix, MVet, FVet, MixVet
Leg Route Maps
- Leg 1 – Long for a Pair- 18.5km/11.5 miles, 674m/2210ft
- LEG 1 Description
- Leg 1 Start List
- Leg 2 – Short for a Solo- 5.25km/3.3 miles, 290m/950ft
- LEG 2 Description
- Leg 2 Start List
- Leg 3 – Long for a Pair- 25km/15.6 miles, 647m/2120ft
- Leg3 Description
- Leg 3 Start List
- Leg 4 – Medium for a Solo- 8.9km/5.6 miles, 323m/1060ft
- Leg4 Description
- Leg 4 Start List
4hr 40 mins 34 secs, Matlock AC, 2019
Permit / Insurance
This race has a Permit and associated UK Athletics insurance from the FRA
No Dogs on the Sports Field please.
Be the first to provide us with a testimonial!!