New route. Short, fast and challenging. Don’t underestimate the course. It may be the little brother of the other village races, but it holds nothing back. The route is also great for spectators, who can see much of the race from the sports pavilion. The new route is also suitable for U15
** NO DOGS are allowed at the car park, around the sports pavilion, on the camping meadow or on the course **
Final instructions from 2023 can be found here
- Entry via Fabian4 from May 2024
- Before July £6 per person (+£2 for non FRA members)
- From July £8 per person (+£2 for non FRA members)
- Pre-entry close 01/08/2024
- Entry on the day will be available (£10 (FRA) / £12 (None FRA)
- No recces allowed on the private land until 6.30 pm on the day. There is NO right of access to the start track and the early farmer’s fields used on the route except on the day.
- To recce before the event, we have published a safe recce route that uses public rights of way around the course. This will allow you to check out the terrain and the general route before the day.
Registration will be a simple process. Your number will be ready on a clothesline on side of the Mutli Use Games Area (MUGA). Collect your number and warm up. Make your way to the start 10-15 minutes early for a brief safety talk.
The races start from the main road near ‘Beggar’s Plot’. For pre-race safety checks, all runners will be marshalled into this sports field for a head count before the race.
There is no planned kit requirement, but we will update this close to the race, depending on the weather forecast.
Recce Route: before race day, you are NOT allowed on any of the private land used, i.e. the track to Lee Fram, plus the fields around Brough Lee Farm and Bothams Farm. We have published a recce route below, giving you a good feel for the course. If runners ignore the safe recce route and try to cross the private land, they will be disqualified from the event, and ultimately Bradwell may lose permission to hold this race.
Bradwell Safe Recce Route 2023
On Race Day:
The 2024 race is similar to the 2023 route.
There is NO ACCESS to the private tracks and land sections until 6.30 pm on race day. If you recce the route before the race day, then you risk the entire event. If you are caught on the private land before race day then you will be banned from the event and reported to the FRA
On the day the route will be well marked and marshalled.
Download the 2023 map: The 2024 will be similar to this route
The course profile is like this: